Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 1: 15 Truths and No Lies

15 facts




  • 1. I have MANY grammar pet peeves, the top two being: "of" instead of "have" (as in, "I should of...") and "I could care less."

  • 2. I'm a little bit of an armadillo.

  • 3. Ok, I'm a lot of an armadillo. I used to be a porcupine, but God's been faithful to keep me growing. Hopefully in the future at some point I'll be something cuddly and soft. Like a puppy.

  • 4. My biggest driving pet peeve is people braking before using their turn signals...if they use them at all.

  • 5. Speaking of driving, I can't hear emergency vehicles (specifically fire trucks) when I'm driving because I live so close to a fire station, it's white noise to me.

  • 6. I begged my mom to let us play Sims for over a decade and eventually went in with my sister to buy it when we were adults. After our PC crashed a few months later, we bought it for our Macs. Only a few months after that, I realized it wasn't all that fun and I really can't play it for more than 10 minutes or so without getting bored.

  • 7. I much prefer TV over movies. I like the character development potential in the time of a series, whereas right about the time you start to love characters in a movie, the movie's over.

  • 8. I'm not a big fan of fantasy. Sci-fi can get me occasionally with cool gadgets, but otherwise, I think real life is so interesting, I'd rather stick with human characters in real places.

  • 9. I consistently misspell "occasionally" "ocassionally," then "occassionally," then, finally, spell it right.

  • 10. I always thought "ridiculous" was spelled "rediculous" until Chander pointed it out to me in a FaceBook chat one day.

  • 11. I really, really like to read nonfiction, but find it hard to sit down and actually do it.

  • 12. A discipleship group Mike started last fall genuinely changed my life.

  • 13. I truly, honestly spend most of my music-listening time listening to worship because I'm a musical sponge and will sing whatever I hear, regardless of whether or not I'm paying attention and I'd prefer to spend more of my time dwelling on Jesus than on other things.

  • 14. I slightly begrudge the fact that my name was the third most popular name for girls the year I was born, while my parents invented my sister's name.

  • 15. I have two girl dogs with boy names.
And I suppose I have to include a picture if I'm to do this right:


This is at Disneyland at Christmastime in November (of last year). I'm especially fond of taking pictures at Disneyland during Christmastime. And hats. I really like hats. So I guess you get two more random facts based on this picture.

1 comment:

Rick Brownell said...

Truth: You are beautiful.