Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 13: A Day Out

My default outing is Disneyland. It's not just that I like Disneyland. But I find Disneyland is a good setting for some really good times with people I love. You have a lot of time for conversation, a lot of fodder for conversation, and there are rides and shows on top of all that.

Other than that, I'm pretty simple. A good outing could be a latte at a coffee shop; a game of catch with a softball and gloves or a football; a drive up to the mountains to play in the snow; even just running random errands can be a real treat (honestly, though it sounds sarcastic) with someone (or a group of someones) if the conversation makes it worth it.

And that's all that it comes down to for me. Like I said back on Day 9: it's all about the conversation. This is the number one reason why I've never been a particular fan of going to a movie theatre. It's fine if there's something I really want to see and I want to be by myself. But I enjoy movies a lot more when there's some amount of discussion allowed without everyone around getting upset about the talking.

Really, anything can make a good outing in the right company.

No comments: