Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day 2: Lunch

When it comes to food, I really, really love to eat it, but hate to prepare it. So if I'm choosing my own lunch, if I'm not getting fast food, I'll go for something like a lunchable (I especially love the perpetually difficult to find Chicken and Bacon Ranch wrap) or a chicken salad sandwich. But if I'm not making my own food:

  • Meat. I love meat. Mostly beef. Especially bacon (which I realize is not beef). Hardly a day goes by where I don't have something with bacon in it. Poultry doesn't count unless I'm desperate. Chicken can slide if, as I said, I'm feeling lazy.
  • Bread. Particularly of the garlic variety. I'm especially partial to sourdough, though homemade anything pretty much trumps store-bought bread.
  • Vegetables. I actually love vegetables. Asparagus, lima beans, and brussels sprouts are honestly some of my favorite foods.
  • Dessert. Baked goods. In any form. Cookies, cake, pie, cupcakes . . . I love them all.
  • A good cheeseburger (especially In-N-Out) will probably trump everything.
  • I recently discovered that if there is an infinite supply of rice krispies treats, I will continue to eat them until I feel sick. Or until they're gone. Whichever comes first. (Not that I've ever had an infinite supply. I think I had 3 once. And if there was an infinite supply, I would definitely get sick first because they would never be gone. )
When it comes down to it, bacon is about the only food I get truly excited about. Especially when combined with a cheeseburger. Bacon cheeseburger = happy Mandy.

No comments: