Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 8: Games

I love board games. I love card games. In fact, I think the only card game I've ever played that I don't particularly enjoy is Rummy. After playing Continental (and it's close relative Phase 10), Rummy bores me.

Some highlights:

Alibi. It's like Clue, only way more fun. No board. Instead of what, like, 20 possibilities there's like 45. And there's no board. You can ask whatever questions you want, but everyone gets to know the answer so you have to be way more careful about the way you phrase the questions.

Pinochle. I grew up playing it with my family every holiday. It's complicated. It's strategic. And you have to have exactly 4 people for maximum fun. I will never stop loving this game. But I may never be able to find 3 other people willing to play.

25 Words Or Less. It's like Catch Phrase only harder. You bid for the least amount of words to describe the five words on the card. We ditched the timer 'cause it made it too hard and it becomes an amazing game of careful phrasing.

Linq. I never get to play this game because I may be the only person in the world that likes it. Two people get a word on a card and everyone else has to bluff. Everyone gives clues. The two that have the word have to guess each other and everyone else has to guess which two people have the words. Easy if you have the word. Challenging if you don't. Fun either way.

Duck Feet and Golf are fun card games to just pass the time. I like Settlers and Monopoly every once in a while, but only if I'm in a non-competitive mood or I usually just get angry.


No comments: