Thursday, May 12, 2011

Day 3: Thirsty?

I have absolutely no self control when it comes to soda. If there is soda in the house (with the exception of anything diet or Coke or Pepsi), I will drink it. I don't like Sprite or 7-Up, but if there is some in the fridge, I'll drink it. I managed to shake my Dr. Pepper addiction last year and don't particularly care for it anymore, but Barq's root beer still allures me. But really only the first sip out of a can. After that, it tastes like anything else.

Smart Water is my go-to hydration drink. I discovered this at last Equip when I had to be outside in the heat and singing for hours without the option of a bathroom break. Smart Water hydrated me without over-fluid-ing me.

Vanilla lattes are my coffee shop drink of choice. It's the first thing I ever ordered at a Starbuck's and I've had very little reason to deviate since then (though I haven't had one from Starbuck's in forever).

I truly enjoy a good cup of a tea. If it's late at night, bed time tea or peppermint is ideal, but I prefer Twining's Vanilla Black Tea. This tea has a very special story for me. I had it once at a friend's house and fell in love with it, but she'd received it as a gift and didn't know where to purchase it. So I went to every grocery store within like a twenty-mile radius over a couple weeks and found that nobody sold it--not even World Market. So I went online and found it in six-pack boxes (as in, six normal-size boxes of tea to a package) on Amazon and bought a package. It shipped from England. I ran out in December and my mom bought me more for a Christmas present, but Amazon didn't sell it anymore. Somehow (I don't know how), she found some. It ships from Singapore. I don't really care where it comes from as long as I get to drink it forever.

No comments: