Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 9: Conversation

Something I will never grow tired of.

I will never grow tired of true, honest, heart-felt conversation. I'm not one for much small talk. I get bored very quickly talking about current events, pop culture, or the doings of people I don't know and will never meet. I like for my words to mean something. I like for my time to mean something. I like to get to know people. I like learning where they come from, how they process and communicate and adventuring into applying the things I've learned into those relationships.

It's kind of like time-series decomposition. (Everybody gasp; I'm applying something I learned in school to life.) In time-series decomposition, you take a data series and identify the patterns so that you can use those patterns to make an educated guess about the behavior of the data in the future. I do that to people. If I've spent a lot of time with someone, I can generally have conversations with them in my head and be at least close to what they say in reality when I have that conversation. But in order to know someone like that, you have to have conversations. Meaningful conversation.

And I look forward to each and every meaningful conversation that may come my way in a day.

No comments: